JEL Classifications: A 13, B 29, O 29
LIBERALIZATION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AS A DRIVER OF ECONOMIC GROWTH AND COMPETITIVENESS OF UKRAINE`S ECONOMY Author: Olena Nesterenko
| Published: 2019-12-27
| Pages: 77 - 82
For Citation: Nesterenko, O. (2019). Liberalization of Economic Development as a Driver of Economic Growth and Competitiveness of Ukraine`s Economy. Globalization And Business, #8, pp. 77-82
For a long time theoretical representations and real ac- tions of the reformers of the socio-economic system were in the plane of the orthodox neoclassical theory. At the same time, reformist rhetoric contained leading neo-liberal ideas, which substantially discredited them. The main task of the author is to restore the reputation of the neo-liberal economic doctrine as a whole and to prove the necessity of liberalizing the Ukrainian economy in particular.
The article reveals the essence of the liberalization of economic life as a movement towards economic freedom in the broadest sense. The main ideological and philosophical content of liberalization is the strengthening of human-cen- tered economic system, the transparency of economic relations, the humanization of the economic space, the institutionalization of interactions between all economic actors. In turn, the key economic and political dimension of liberalization can be represented by an integrated index of economic freedom, which assesses the level of real support for economic freedom by the relevant institutions and policies of the countries. The author analyzes the sources and factors of the expansion or limitation of the influence of state policy and institutions on economic freedom, which determine the level of socio-economic development of countries. It has been determined that countries that have formed relevant institutions and policies that promote economic freedom have higher levels of income, wealth, investment and more rapid economic growth.
ORTHODOX NEOCLASSICAL THEORY, NEOLIBERAL ECONOMIC THEORY, LIBERALIZATION OF THE ECONOMY, ECONOMIC FREEDOM, INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF ECONOMIC INTERACTIONS, INDEX OF ECONOMIC FREEDOM
- Block W. E., ed. (1991). Economic Freedom: Toward a Theory of Measurement. Proceedings of an International Symposium (Volume 2). Fraser Institute.
- Buchanan J. M. and Musgrave R. A. (2004) Public Finance and Public Choice: Two Contrasting Visions of the State.
- Dequech D. (2007). Neoclassical, mainstream, orthodox, and heterodox economics. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pp. 279-302.
- Galchinsky A. (2011). Liberalism. Lessons for Ukraine. Kyiv.: Lybid, 288 p. (In Ukrainian).
- Gwartney J., Lawson R. and Hall J. (2016). Economic Freedom of the World: 2016 Annual Report. Fraser Institute. https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2016-annual-report
- Gwartney J., Lawson R., Hall J. and Murphy R. (2018). Economic Freedom Dataset, published in Economic Freedom of the World: 2018 Annual Report. Fraser Institute. <www.fraserinstitute.org/economic-freedom/dataset>.
- Hall J. and Lawson R. (2014). Economic Freedom of the World: An Accounting of the Literature. Contemporary Economic Policy 32, 1: 1–19.
- History of economic thought (2011): textbook: teach. manual / ed. V. Bazilevich. Kyiv: Znannya. 1198 p. (In Ukrainian).
- History of economic thought (2015): textbook: 2 vol. / ed. V. Bazilevich. Kyiv Znannya. (In Ukrainian).
- National Bank of Ukraine: оfficial site. Inflation Report. January 2019, p.6 URL: https://bank.gov.ua/doccatalog/document?id=87678886
- Rothbard, M.N. (1979). Individualism and the Philosophy of the Social Sciences. Cato Institute, San Francisco,
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine: оfficial site. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- State System of Electronic Purchases оfficial site. URL: https://prozorro.gov.ua/en
- The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2018 URL: https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/economic-sciences/2018/prize-announcement/
- Tokmazishvili M. The Global Economic Crisis аnd Economic Science. Globalization аnd Business. Tbilisi, Georgia. 2018. №5. Р. 17-23.
- United Nations (2016). World Happiness Report 2016 Update. <http:// worldhappiness.report/ed/2016/>.