JEL Classifications: Q57
HEALTH PROMOTION IN GEORGIA ECO INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS Author: Levan Kikilashvili, Tengiz Verulava
| Published: 2019-07-29
| Pages: 187-200
For Citation: Kikilashvili L., Verulava T. (2019), Health Promotion In Georgia Eco Infrastructure Development And Technological Aspects, Globalization And Business, N7, pp. 187-200.(In Georgian).
At the beginning of new millennium, Georgia has faced a variety of environmental challenges. The reduction of green space and poor air quality became the major underline risk factor in the rise of many types of diseases in big cities. One of the distinct characteristics of Georgia is its unique natural resources and landscapes. That creates a possibility to design strategies for more sustainable social-economical development of our country. We believe the development of eco infrastructure and its appropriate support system can increase the longevity and overall life quality among the residents of Georgia. Living in the ecologically clean environment became a major challenge among many populations across the globe. The global economic development has gaps in supporting eco-friendly life standards. Therefore, it becomes critical to study environmental pollution and seek cutting-edge strategies to build a more sustainable and eco-friendly environment for the health of people and the entire planet. New, technologically advanced eco-projects have the potential to create new social and environmental climate in Georgia, thus improving health, productivity, and well-being of the entire nation.
DISEASE-PREVENTION; ENGINEERING-TECHNOLOGY; ECO INFRASTRUCTURE; INNOVATION-NOVATION
- World Health Organization. (2018). “World Health Organization Releases New Global Air Pollution Data.” CCAC Secretariat. http://ccacoalition.org/en/news/world-health-organization-releases-new-global-air-pollution-data (10.05.2019)
- Petryk, Agnieszka. (2018). “Epidemiology of Selected Diseases Related to Air Pollution in Krakow.” Journal of Ecological Engineering 19 (6): 124–31. doi.org/10.12911/22998993/92892.
- Madhipatla Kishore, Venkatesh S, Christopher D J, Stanaway D Jeffrey, Dhaliwal R S, Dandona Lalit, Singh Virendra, et al. (2018). “The Impact of Air Pollution on Deaths, Disease Burden, and Life Expectancy across the States of India: The Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.” The Lancet Planetary Health 3 (1): e26–39. doi.org/10.1016/s2542-5196(18)30261-
- Diamandis Peter. (2019). https://www.diamandis.com/blog/future-of-cities-part-1 (5.06.2019)
- საქსტატი. (2019). “საქართველოს მოსახლეობა.” 2019. https://www.geostat.ge/ [Geostat. (2019). «Georgian population.» 2019. https://www.geostat.ge/. In Georgian]. ka/modules/categories/41/mosakhleoba. (01.03.2019)
- ეკოკვლევა (2019). (1) [Eco-examination (2019). (1). In Georgian]. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AYyimUXo-dfZQxy5N6hKn3ZCZjRm_lYU
- ეკოკვლევა (2019). (2) [Eco-examination (2019). (2). In Georgian]. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J-h4dn42m8q8T4ASDexgjGI1bKScEULT
- ეკოკვლევა (2019). (3) [Eco-examination (2019). (3). In Georgian]. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rDavn46wuPiv8lBl-J5AODOYToA11ZDk