JEL Classifications: H71; H72
LESSONS FROM FISCAL DECENTRALIZATION IN UKRAINE Author: Varnalii Zakharii, Demydenko Liudmyla, Nkonechno Yuliia, Miedviekova Nataliia
| Published: 2019-07-29
| Pages: 73-78
For Citation: Varnalii Z., Demydenko L., Nakonechna Y., Miedviedkova N. (2019), Lessons From Fiscal Decentralization In Ukraine, Globalization And Business, N7, pp. 73-78.
In order to build an effective model of management of budget funds, it is important to ensure the constant and systematic disclosure of information on the accumulation of financial resources of the state and local budgets and the directions for their use. The first results of the process of fiscal decentralization in Ukraine are considered, which is accompanied by changes in the budget and tax legislation. Specifics of the formation of tax revenues of budgets of joint territorial communities are outlined. The state of disclosure of budget documents by the amalgamated territorial communities is highlighted and the need for coordination of the authorities in this area is indicated.
Understanding citizens› spending processes in the public sector can significantly increase confidence in state institutions, provide conditions for the implementation of necessary reforms in all-important areas of the country. In the context of the fiscal decentralization reform launched in 2015, the issue of transparency of financial information at the local level in Ukraine is raised, as significant amounts of financial resources are transferred to local budgets. Strengthening the focus on local government action on effective management of budget funds should be a priority for public organizations and political parties. The implementation of the state policy aimed at increasing transparency and openness in the management of financial resources in the public sector will ensure the tangible results in the social and economic spheres that will be obtained by the citizens of the communities.
FISCAL DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL BUDGETS, AMALGAMATED TERRITORIAL
COMMUNITY, LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
- Monitoring of the process of decentralization of power and the reform of local self-government. URL: https://storage.decentralization.gov.ua/uploads/library/file/378/10.02.2019_ukr.pdf(Accessed 14 March 2019).
- Reporting of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine. URL: https://www.treasury.gov.ua/ua/file-storage/vikonannya-derzhavnogo-byudzhetu(Accessed 4 March 2019).
- The Budget Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine on July 8, 2010, No. 2456-VI. URL: http: // zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17/ed20150101 (Accessed 4 March 2019).
- The Tax Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine on 02.12.2010, No. 2755-VI. URL: http: // zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17/ed20150101 (Accessed14 March 2019).
- About openness of the use of public means. The Law of Ukraine on September 30, 2015, No. 183-VIII. URL: https://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/183-viii (Accessed 12 March 2019).
- Open Budget. URL: https://openbudget.gov.ua/local-budget?id = 26400100000 (Accessed 4 March 2019).
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2014), “Concept of the Reform of Local Self-Government and Territorial Organization of Government”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-%D1%80. (Accessed 21 February 2019).
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015), Law of Ukraine “On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities”, URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/157-19 (Accessed 21 February 2019).
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2018), Law of Ukraine «About the State Budget of Ukraine for 2019”, URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2629-19(Accessed 1 February 2019).
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2014) Law of Ukraine “On Cooperation of Territorial Communities”, URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1508-18 (Accessed 21 February 2019).
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1997), Law of Ukraine “On Local Self-Government”, URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/280/97-%D0%B2%D1%80(Accessed 21 March 2019).