JEL Classifications: R11, O18
SOCIETY’S INVOLVEMENT IN SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP TO PROMOTE SMART REGIONAL GROWTH Author: Inta Ostrokovska, Ludmila Aleksejeva, Dmitrijs Olehnovics, Liene Leikuma, Janis Kudins
| Published: 2019-07-29
| Pages: 63-69
For Citation: Ostrovska I., Aleksejeva L., Oļehnovičs D., Leikuma-Rimicāne L., Kudiņš J. (2019), Society’s Involvement In Social
Entrepreneurship To Promote Smart Regional Growth, Globalization And Business, N7, pp. 63-69.
The essential definition of the promotion of smart regional growth is local resource, potential, exploration of operational mechanisms. That is in order to develop the understanding of local resource feasibility and the community activities. It is important to develop cross-sectoral cooperation, which is focused on non-technological, social and on the ecological innovation processes in connection with entrepreneurship. Social entrepreneurship is an essential mechanism in economic activity balancing, while creating social values that encourage the local community to participate in many areas and reduce socio-economic disparities. The ‘’Traditional’’ entrepreneur whose main desire is to create a product, find their client and thus, earn money, differs from a social businessman. An entrepreneur who has chosen the social niche, firstly, solves a social problem. In Latvia, social entrepreneurship is becoming more popular. Help and consultation at this point is provided by the Latvian entrepreneurship association (LEA), which has been in operation since the year of 2015. The region of Latgale is also becoming more popular in this field.
In order to evaluate social entrepreneurship feasibility and to determine factors in the region of Latgale, cross-disciplinary research has to be carried out. Moreover, research and development in this area involves the involvement of a wide variety of stakeholders: NGO (non-governmental organisation),state, business, representatives of the public.
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, COMMUNITY, ENGAGEMENT, SMART GROWTH, REGION
- Aleksejeva L., Šipilova V., Jermolajeva E., Ostrovska I., Oļehnovičs D. (2018) Regional Risks and Challenges in Smart Growth in Latgale Region (Latvia). Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues ISSN 2029-7017 print/ISSN 2029-7025 online. 2018 June, Volume 7, Number 4, pp. 727-739 http://jssidoi.org/jssi/papers/papers/view/305
- Alter K., Dawans V., Miller L. (2007) Social Enterprise Typology, [online] [viewed on 12th January 2013]. Available: http://www.4lenses.org/setypology/history
- Frīdenberga A., (2019) Pirmais gads ar Sociālā uzņēmuma likumu – secinājumi [First year with Social Business Law – conclusions] https://sua.lv/pirmais-gads-ar-sociala-uznemuma-likumu-secinajumi/ [viewed on April 22rd. 2019]
- Leikuma L., (2012) Development of social entrepreneurship projects in Latvia, Riga, RTU
- Lešinska A., Litvins G. (2012) Latvija ceļā uz sociālo uzņēmējdarbību [Latvia on the way to social entrepreneurship] available: http://providus.lv/article/petijums-latvija-cela-uz-socialo-uznemejdarbibu
- Johansone (Ikstena) E. (2018) Kādas ir sociālās uzņēmējdarbības iespējas Latvijā? [What are the opportunities for social entrepreneurship in Latvia?] https://www.lsm.lv/raksts/zinas/ekonomika/kadas-ir-socialas-uznemejdarbibas-iespejas-latvija-intervija-ar-asociacijas-vaditaju.a275216/ [viewed on April 23rd. 2019]
- Ministry of Welfare. Regulatory framework: Order 24.05.2013. Nr. 35. [online] [viewed on 4th October 2013]. Available: http://mail.lm.gov.lv/web/ library.nsf/36be6e10494a87fcc2256ade00399621/f3eebcd1a1e5b903c2257b780040f25c?OpenDocument
- Oļehnovičs D., Ostrovska I., Šipilova V., Jermolajeva E., Aleksejeva L. Sustainable development assessment in Latvia: the example of Latgale region. International Scientific-Practical Magazine Globalization and business, 3 / 2017. Pp. 26-31. http://www.eugb.ge/uploads/content/N3/3-04.pdf
- Schieffer A, Lessem R (2009) Beyond social and private enterprise: towards the integrated enterprise. Trans Stud Rev 15:713–725
- Social entrepreneurship initiative: Announcement from the European Commission. 25.10.2011 [online] [viewed on October 23rd 2012.]. Available: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2011:0682:FIN:LV:PDF
- Social entrepreneurship in Russia: ecosystem development. https://sua.lv/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Mapping_eng_2018.pdf [viewed on 4th April 2019].
- Šipilova V., Ostrovska I., Aleksejeva L., Jermolajeva E., Oļehnovičs D. (2017) A Review of the Literature on Smart Development: Lessons for Small Municipalities. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 2017, 7(1), 460-469. https://www.econjournals.com/index.php/ijefi
- The center for social entrepreneurship. http://segeorgia.org/info.php?ID=11&ln=en [online] [viewed on 24th April 2019].
- The law of social entrepreneurship. https://likumi.lv/ta/id/294484-sociala-uznemuma-likums [online] [viewed on 24th April 2019].